
I said I wouldn't blog today but I really couldn't resist after Guia and Stan and I all marveled at wefeelfine.org. In short, this is a program that shows how people feel (taken from blogs) in the last couple of hours from around the world. They don't know they're being "interviewed," so to speak. As a result, the emotions you read are very real and very frank.
It's an immense program able to graph based on gender, connect the feeling to its corresponding image, show its country of origin, graph age distributions, show the most/least common feelings, and even show what the weather was at the time they expressed their feelings. The complexity of it all is jaw-dropping. It boggles my mind how long the programming for this must have taken.
The banner says "six movements," meaning six ways of seeing it as shown below. It's easier to go to the website and mess around with it. This is by far the most impressive program I've seen. Bonus points for tinkering with it with friends!
And just for fun, here's a stab. I feel as if I've grabbed a handful of sand and I'm slowly watching it all slip through my fingers.
So this brings to question whether we as humans really are as distanced from one another as we say we are. After visiting the site, it seems that our human anatomy isn't the only component we all have in common because underneath all that flesh, we foster the same exact emotions as everyone else. Do you feel lost? You and 15,000 others do too!
The only thing that differs among us just might be the surrounding weather after all...
After seeing this, everything can be summed up in four words: you are not alone.
Edit: Notable conversation of the day, a la BW3:
"You're lucky you two are girls. Sweaty balls aren't fun."
"But girls still sweat between their boobs too."
"Boob sweat's kinda hot."
Why are boys so primitive and crass?



