veni vidi vici
Big Love in a Small World @ Wednesday, December 16, 2009
December 1 Trip. What was your best trip in 2009?

Going to Soho. New York City is fun but I liked the peace of Soho for a change of pace.




December 2 Restaurant moment. Share the best restaurant experience you had this year. Who was there? What made it amazing? What taste stands out in your mind?

Hanging out with ASA at BW3's to watching Josh Kim and a couple others take on the Blazin' Wings Challenge, which consisted of finishing 12 Blazin' Sauce Wings in under 6 minutes without drinking any water. According to them, it was really spicy and caused a smorgasbord of digestive problems. I'd believe it. It may as well have come in perfume form because it was all I could smell the rest of the day.

The manners exercised in those 6 minutes would make the Queen of England cry.




December 3 Article. What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends. That you Delicious'd and reference throughout the year.

Besides the ultra lame Cosmopolitan sex "articles," I don't think anything beat this article that Connie posted a while back.

Yeah...




December 4 Book. What book - fiction or non - touched you? Where were you when you read it? Have you bought and given away multiple copies?

Not necessarily a book, but I started reading PostSecret this year. Late, I know. Nonetheless, it touches me to read some secrets that are so human and real.






December 5 Night out. Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world? Who was there? What was the highlight of the night?

Hands down, SXSW. Not only is SXSW the place to be once a year, it seems so once-in-a-lifetime to get the chance to go (for the average broke college student). What stood out the most was the thrill I felt when ST called to tell JW that he gave up 75 to 100 internship hours for two pairs of tickets for us.

A week before, I shamelessly abused Google Maps and my Pawprints to plot out the venues, all walking directions, and multiple copies of maps. Since the main attraction for us was Silversun Pickups (one of our favorite bands), we had to be at Antone's early since they were supposedly one of the more popular bands of SXSW. Screaming out the lyrics and prancing around a few feet away from one of my favorite bands, it all felt so ethereal...until ST said, "OK. We really should go back to the hotel. Now." Bummer.

Oh, and it was worth it. All 0 cents of it.




December 6 Workshop or conference. Was there a conference or workshop you attended that was especially beneficial? Where was it? What did you learn?

Sadly...no.




December 7 Blog find of the year. That gem of a blog you can't believe you didn't know about until this year.
Not a blog, but the entire blogging world in general. I never would have imagined it's a lot more different and intriguing than I initially judged it at face value. Oh, how the days of Xanga has changed...





December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?

I'm going to repost this one for later. In a rush right now.




December 9 Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?





December 10 Album of the year. What's rocking your world?




Not off this album but worth honorable mention.





December 11 The best place. A coffee shop? A pub? A retreat center? A cubicle? A nook?

My mind goes to euphoria in between Jason's arms. No matter how crappy my week or semester has been, it will always be the best instant pick-me-up.






I'm gonna stop here. In a rush and need to shower.
It's disgusting how much I've ignored basic hygiene to ace my finals.

Comment(s)

chew on this
If you search the world for happiness, you may find it in the end, for the world is round and will lead you back to your door.

time travel
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
June 2010

tweet tweet